Monday, September 17, 2007

The "Lincoln Financial Sports" Curse - Clemson vs. N.C. State Prediction

Mike Hogewood - Rick "Doc" Walker - Steve Martin

My Crystal Ball has been 100% correct so far. Clemson is 3-0 heading to the Textile Bowl against N.C. State this weekend and Tommy Bowden is a big reason for this. A lot of Clemson fans aren't worried about this game but instead are already looking ahead towards Sept. 29 @ Georgia Tech. Damnit, if I see one Clemson fan on TigerNet this week talking about our game against Georgia Tech and not NC State I swear I might break something. This is not going to be an easy game and in my opinion having the "Lincoln Financial Sports' curse broadcasting the game, it's going to be all we can do to come out with a "W." Just knowing that we have to play at noon with Mike Hogwood, Doc Walker, and Steve Martin announcing our game this week makes me want to puke! I have nothing against the network in general, and I have nothing against the announcers ...... until Clemson plays a game on one of their broadcasts. I swear these announcers have a curse on Clemson whenever we play an ACC road game. Seriously, if the spread opens up today at 8 points or higher for Clemson, bet the house on N.C. State to cover. The only thing we have going for us this weekend is Tommy Bowden being our head coach (and having punter Jimmy Maners and kicker Mark Buchholz is a plus too).

I know most of you read my website because of the sillyness and gangsta like attitude, but today's post really needed to be written in a serious tone. We have now learned that maybe N.C. State isn't all that bad. They lost by two points to Central Florida in Week 1, we now learn that wasn't a bad loss at all considering Central Florida had Texas all but beat this past week. N.C. State also lost to BC in Week 2 - we now know BC is the real deal after dominating Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Saturday. This is Cullen Harper's first game on the road as a starter, I honestly think it would be best for me not to watch this game on Saturday. Oh yea, did I mention this is a must win game ACC game for State considering they're already 0-2 in the conference?

What Did We Learn Today
1. I enjoy listening to the "Lincoln Financial Sports" ACC crew much better than their SEC crew (Doc Walker's my favorite).
2. With Boston College defeating Georgia Tech and N.C. State already, this is just about a must win for Clemson.
3. Clemson will win 27-23
4. Tommy Bowden Is God

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

See what you think....
I hate watching SEC games on CBS. Hell, I hate watching NFL games on CBS. Is it just me? CBS just seems different to me when I'm watching

Anonymous said...

Clemson will lose 23 - 21 on a last second field goal. Write it down. Then everyone will want Bowden fired and Cullen Harper benched.

The lovefest is about to officialy beover!

Unknown said...

Bowden's an asshat. You can't really think he's a good coach.

Anonymous said...

Did he say asshat?

Anonymous said...

I think he said asshat!

Anonymous said...

asshat is def. a new one for me. Blake, when you think you can come back on here and exchange ideas in an articulate and intelligent manner, I will be happy to have a Tommy Bowden discussion with you.

Steve Spurrier is God said...

I believe Tommy Bowden is overrated. Highly overated. He may be an ass hat as well. I will let you know when I figure out what it means.

Willy Mac said...

He's not an asshat, but he is a smug cocky little prick.

Willy Mac said...

Oh, and you made your first mistake by reading tigernet.

Anonymous said...

Facts about Tommy Bowden

1. Superman wears Tommy Bowden Pajamas

2. Tommy Bowden counted to infinity twice

3. When life gave Tommy Bowden lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Tommy Bowden hates lemonade.

4. When you open a can of whoop-ass, Tommy Bowden jumps out.

5. If Tommy Bowden and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Tommy Bowden would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.

6. Superman’s only weakness is Kryptonite. Tommy Bowden laughs at Superman for having a weakness.

Anonymous said...

I was right, the spread opened up right at 8 points. This is gonna be a dogfight. I hope I'm wrong, I hope Clemson whips them by about 50 points but I know better than that. Cross your fingers and hope the Tigers pull it out, I don't have a very good feeling about this one.

Anonymous said...

1.Tommy Bowden told Steve Irwin not to mess with stingrays.

2. Tommy Bowden can touch MC Hammer.

3. Tommy Bowden ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

4. It takes Tommy Bowden 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.

5. Tommy Bowden doesn't play god. Playing is for children.

Anonymous said...

Raphael was my favorite Ninja Turtle

Anonymous said...

I was a Slinter guy.... but I liked the little rat too. What was his name?

Anonymous said...

The rat was splinter. I think you were thinking of Shredder

Struttin' Wolf said...

NC State is not 0-2 in the ACC. Have only played 1 conference game so far (vs BC). Check the last line of your post.