Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Note To Tommy Bowden And Rob Spence: Don't Play It Safe ..... Start Willy Korn

QB #3 True Freshman Willy Korn - QB #10 Redshirt Junior Cullen Harper

For those of you who say I'm crazy, let's look at the facts. Willy Korn has played on local TV and National TV more times than Cullen Harper has. When the going got bad for Proctor last year Rob Spence publicly came out and said that Proctor was definitely our best quarterback and we have to stick with him. A high school football coach told me that in the Spring game that Cullen Harper could only look at his first read. He went on to say that it appeared Korn was going through his progressions decently well. I've never been a Clemson fan to criticize Bowden for playing it safe, conservative, etc. But there are a lot of Clemson fans who whine and scream at Bowden for playing it safe. Amazingly enough though, when I talk to fellow Clemson fans about this situation on whether or not Korn should be the starter, there seems to be a consensus agreement that you go with Harper. I disagree with that judgement.

I like Harper, and I understand the whole argument that he knows the system better. I understand all he's going to do is hand it off primarily, and if Harper is good enough to throw just a little, then you should go with the more experience quarterback. Look, Stafford from UGA was about as highly recruited as Korn was. He didn't do great last year, but ..... he didn't do bad. And he didn't have a backfield with Davis and Spiller. Bowden and Spence .... do the right thing, don't play it safe, start Korn and let's get 2007 Clemson football off on the right track.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Korn will be a crippled young boy if he starts against FSU. Bobby will probably take Harper out first and take Korn out 2nd.

Anonymous said...

Start Willy and lose.

I guess if you're gonna lose anyway you may as well lose BIG!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey blogger,
Don't tell Tommy what to do! He's God! And Spence is the Holy Ghost!

Is that how the game's played? hehehe

Anonymous said...

well, after all, Tommy Bowden Is God, so I'm sure he will make the right decision

Anonymous said...

you people are serious about this site are you?

Anonymous said...

serious as a heart attack! I wish Tommy was my daddy! He is God. I want to be his son....... JESUS!

Anonymous said...

ok guys, lets not get carried away. We are Tommy Bowden supporters, thats all. Look, we are true Clemson fans, we stand behind are coach when times are tough.
If we get rid of Bowden .... who are we gonna get? Seriously, the hype thats out there with Coach Peterson from Boise State and others .... remember, thats the way we looked at bowden back in 98'

Anonymous said...

Willy only plays for Tommy... (I'm Willy) Willy Willy Willy

Willy Mac said...

Wow, it looks like you have to deal with anonymous and random unregistered user guy. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Help me out here...is Tommy Bowden THE God or just a god. I think he's probably just a god, so tell Willy Korn he can't be Jesus even if Tommy was his daddy.